"Our greatest responsibility is to be good ancestors."

-Jonas Salk

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Wherein mt Finally Sells Out

After agreeing with Roger Pielke and highlighting the better side of Keith Kloor, some readers seem to be wondering if I've gone over to the dark side.

You have to remember where I work, too. I just got this email:
There are free cookies in the 2nd floor break room...courtesy of Marathon Oil....they are visiting with UTIG and the department today!
Cookies!

That settles it. I don't care too much for gold, but how hard can you be on somebody who gives you cookies? Will report soon on the cookie quality.


I got the last one! Lovely bakery quality peanut butter chip cookie, that one was. Rather too sweet, as American desserts usually are, but tasty and delightful.
You can borrow from the devil
You can borrow from a friend
The devil'll give you twenty
When your friend only got ten

I set out running but I take my time
A friend of the devil is a friend of mine
If I get home before daylight
I just might get some sleep tonight

Robert Hunter
- mt, oil profiteer

3 comments:

Anna Haynes said...

1. I wonder what kind of oil they use, in the cookies...
8-#

2. How We Decide

David B. Benson said...

Yup. Definitely a sell-out.

Anna Haynes said...

MT, if you could have pity upon the sleep-deprived, & remove my fatuous comment above...